Grapeseed oil for face benefits – Our beloved planet earth has provided us with the healthiest, purest skincare treatments, however many of these incredible natural healers go by unnoticed. Consider the grapeseed for example; so small and seemingly insignificant, yet full to the brim with powerful antioxidants, protein, vitamins, and healthy minerals.
Grapeseed oil is obtained by literally pressing grapeseed and extracting each and every part of the natural oils from the seed. This oil is used many times in cooking, due to the fact that it is so low in saturated fats and high in gamma linolenic acid, a kind of good fat. Only now in the US, people beginning to realize how beneficial grapeseed oil can be for your skin and start using grapeseed oil for face care.
Grapeseed Oil for Face Benefits
- Grapeseed contains proanthocyanidins that is very potent antioxidants. Antioxidants flush impurities away from your skin, and neutralize free radicals, and fights the effects of aging. That’s why grapeseed oil for face is good.
- Grapeseed oil has mild astringent qualities that help to tighten and tone your skin.
- Grape seed oil has moisturizing properties which can soften the skin without feeling greasy or oily.
- Because grapeseed oil is non-comedogenic, it is great for people who have oily or acne-prone skin.
The truth is while quite a few skincare products these days can temporarily smooth out fine lines and wrinkles and plump up the skin, only a few actually help the underlying structural problems as a result of the loss of collagen and elastin. The greatest benefit of grapeseed oil is that it really easily absorbed by the skin, which means that it could really work on healing the connective tissue while improving collagen and elastin, thus giving you youthful appearance.
Use Grapeseed Oil for Face
- It’s possible to apply grapeseed oil to your skin without anything else for some benefits. It is going to be absorbed by the skin readily. We do suggest applying a gentle shielding lotion after it is absorbed to lock within the oil and really allow it to be work to its fullest. This isn’t mandatory, but it does help to improve the benefits of the oil. A shielding lotion can be something from a natural butter like cocoa butter or shea butter, to a gentle lotion for sensitive skin.
- You can also make a cleanser from grapeseed oil. Simply mix equal parts grapeseed oil and jojoba oil and dab onto your face with cotton.
- To use grapeseed oil for face as a face mask, mix grape seed oil with egg whites, and beat them into meringue consistency. Smooth this mixture onto your skin and relax for 15-20 minutes before washing it off. You may also smooth a little grape seed oil close to the eyes, mouth and other areas that tend to wrinkle.