Homemade Drano Recipe
What you need:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 gallon boiling water
How it works:
- You need to carefully pour all of the baking soda to the drain. It will begin to fizz.
- Pour 1/2 of the vinegar toward the baking soda. Wait for it to calm down and pour in the rest, dissolving as much of the baking soda as you can. The next step, wait.
- About fifteen minutes later, you can come back and flush with a gallon of boiling water.
- For max result, allow the drain unused for a while right after cleaning.
- Run hot water to the drain the first time you utilize it. This should help to get rid of any dirt or debris left behind.
- Depending on how bad your clog is, you could possibly do all of this more than once.